Now, more than ever, we are aiming to deliver an event which causes as little waste as possible. Given we are a green field site, we effectively have a massive pop-up event for over 150 thousand people each year, so minimising the effect on the planet is very challenging.
The key areas we’re focusing on and that will be rolled out for the 2021 event are:
- Going ‘plastic bottle free’ – our concession stands are all selling ‘can only’ drinks.
- Introducing Naïve Water in a Can as our canned water provider
- More accessible water stations in the tradestand area.
- Continually assessing our contractors and suppliers to make sure we are working with those who are as energy efficient and eco-conscious as possible.
- Making sure all caterers use either, re-useable, recyclable cardboard or compostable products – this includes (but is not limited to) cups, lids for cups, glasses, bottles, plates, cutlery, straws, serviettes etc.
- Using recycled paper for the event programmes – a popular event memento.
- Working with local contractors to reduce miles driven.
Here is how you can help us this year:
- Bring your refillable water bottles (and bowls for thirsty dogs!) and top up using our free water stations around the event.
- Remember your reusable coffee cups and receive 25p off your cup of tea or coffee at our concession stands.
- Bar drinks will come in ‘keep cups’ – this is where visitors are charged £1 for a strong plastic glass to minimise the amount of plastic waste at the bars on site
- Remember to bring your own reusable shopping bags.
Further information – including how toilet waste is managed – can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org